We are currently reviewing manuscripts that fall into one of these genres. When sending your manuscript, include the name of the genre in the subject line.
Fiction: literary fiction, women’s fiction mystery, thriller & suspense, and science fiction & fantasy.
Non-fiction: Cultural and Social Issues, Religion and Spirituality, Multicultural issue, Health & wellbeing.
On first review, we accept only the first three chapters of a manuscript. Please send your manuscript sample as an attachment in Microsoft Word format or as a plain text file to the email address on the Home Page.
In the subject line: include the genre of your book manuscript.
In the message of the email include three items:
1. Write a three paragraph synopsis of the book.
2. Add the working book title and length of book in chapters and word count.
3. Include an author bio of maximum three paragraphs that tell who you are and your writing qualifications or experience.
Note: Route 11 Publications only reviews completed works. Contracts are not available for works in progress. We DO NOT accept hard copy manuscripts via the postal service.
We attempt to review manuscript samples with a return response of two to three weeks from e-mail receipt. This response time is not guaranteed and depends on the number of submissions under review.
Our initial response will tell you whether or not we are interested in publishing your book. This response does not constitute acceptance, but opens the door for further discussions. At this time we may ask for the complete manuscript.
A contract between the writer and Route 11 Publications constitutes acceptance.
Final Manuscript submission
Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format or plain text format.
- Paragraphs should be single-spaced.
- Do not include paragraph tabs.
- We prefer a standard serif font, such as Times New Roman. Also acceptable, but not preferred: Calibri, Cambria, Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia.
- Required: 10-12 point font.
- Please do not manually number pages. Page numbers can be auto-formatted, but they will be removed because ebook readers do not accept page numbering. For printed books, we will apply appropriate page numbering.
- Do not include headers and footers.
- Do not include bold type or italics, except where absolutely necessary and grammatically correct.
- Add only one space after periods.
- Do not include formatting, such as headers, blockquotes, etc. Text formatting should be very plain. We will format the manuscript for print and ebook formats, which vary according to e-readers.
- Do not include a table of contents. We will generate a table of contents.
- Images are generally not supported in our ebooks, except cover images, which we will create.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org